Solaris users may need to substitute gtar
xzf idea-2.5.1.tar.gz in order to run GNU tar.
- Save the file in the directory where you would like to
install IDEA. We suggest creating a new directory for this
- From that directory, unpack the compressed archive using
the command below:*
- Be sure all required programs (see "Required Software"
below) are in your path.
If you are a Mac OS X user, be sure to install XCode before installing
You will need to run the installer from the bash shell.
If necessary, run bash
to start it.
- Run the program install-idea
to install IDEA.
- If installation is aborted for any reason, it is
recommended that you delete all files except idea-2.5.1.tar.gz
and repeat steps 2-4.
OS X 10.4 and higher with XCode,
a free download from Apple
- About 205 MB of disk space
- 1.28 GB RAM recommended
If you need assistance installing any of these programs or modules or
verifying that they are installed, please contact your systems